The Hindi Urdu Flagship offers merit-based funding to HUF scholars with a proven commitment to gaining professional fluency in Hindi-Urdu. Recipients must be U.S. citizens. Scholars in good standing may receive:
- Year in India Scholarships: partial or full funding for HUF’s Year in India program is available to students on a competitive basis.
- Summer in India Scholarships: scholarships for summer study in India may be awarded to qualified HUF scholars who have completed the first year of the program.
HUF scholars are also attractive candidates for a number of external scholarships:
- Boren Scholarships: provide up to $20,000 to U.S. undergraduate students to study abroad in areas of the world that are critical to U.S. interests and underrepresented in study abroad, including Africa, Asia, Central & Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin American, and the Middle East. Recipients of Boren Scholarships must commit to a period of government service after graduation.
- Critical Language Scholarships: Sponsored by the United States Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program offers intensive summer language institutes overseas in eleven critical need foreign languages, including both Hindi and Urdu.
- Texas Scholarships: the central portal for all of the scholarship resources at The University of Texas, including information from the various colleges, departments, alumni, and administrative units.
- Liberal Arts Scholarships: there are many scholarship and fellowship opportunities available to students in the College of Liberal Arts through UT Austin offices. Most endowed scholarships are awarded through the merit and competitive scholarship competitions.