The University of Texas at Austin must review international travel to destinations on the UT Restricted Regions List, as determined by the International Oversight Committee. Travel to any location on the UT Restricted Regions List involves certain degrees of risk.
It is important that travelers UNDERSTAND & CAREFULLY CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING RISKS:
- The US Embassy nearest your destination may temporarily close or suspend public services for security reasons.
- The US Embassy nearest your destination may not be able to provide emergency assistance should you require it.
- If there is a need to evacuate in an emergency, flights may be suspended and other departure or shelter options in place may be limited or non-existent.
- Access to hospitals, emergency medical care and medications may be limited or non-existent.
- Should you experience difficulties, the University of Texas at Austin and their contracted emergency assistance provider, International SOS, may not be in a position to provide emergency assistance to you.
- Participation in travel to a UT Restricted Region has inherent risks which may include kidnapping or death. These risks can never be completely eliminated.
- Risks of travel to your destination may include (but are not limited to) dangers to health and personal safety, including possible death posed by natural disaster, disease, terrorism, crime, civil unrest, and/or violence.
- Additional risks include (but are not limited to) minor and major physical injuries, emotional and psychological injuries inflicted accidentally or intentionally by others, and/or catastrophic injuries, including paralysis and death.
- There may be additional health, safety, and security factors that have not been brought to your attention by the University of Texas at Austin.
IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU VISIT & CAREFULLY REVIEW THE FOLLOWING WEBSITES:
- UT International Travel Policy
- UT Health & Safety Resources for International Travel
- UT Emergency website
- International SOS website (member ID: 11BSGC000037)
- US Department of State website for Travel Warnings, advisories, and consular information sheets for the intended destination
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for information on health issues and recommended vaccinations
- World Health Organization website for information on disease outbreaks and emergencies
UT Liability Disclaimer
No University of Texas at Austin student, faculty, or staff can be required to travel to a Restricted Region . Any participation in travel to a Restricted Region is strictly voluntary, and the participant assumes full responsibility for all risks associated with this travel.